Skip to main content

Teaching Amid a Pandemic Intro


     I knew going from teaching in rural La Crosse, WI to inner city Minneapolis, MN was going to be hard. I knew taking this job at a brand new charter school would be hard. I knew finding a place to live, and move three hours away in a short amount of time was going to be hard.  I knew getting licensed in another state would be hard. I knew taking on a Special Education role would be hard. I knew teaching a kiddo who spoke only French from Togo, Africa would be hard. I knew reporting to CPS would be hard. I did not know teaching amid a pandemic would be THIS hard.

    Honestly, I'm torn about writing this blog. I feel like it will be a lot of complaining. Full disclosure, it will. I think to myself I am not a nurse. I am not a doctor. I am nothing to the medical field. I am not even a candle to the Sun. My heart, prayers, and thoughts are to everyone influenced by Covid-19, Coronavirus, whatever you want to call it.. Just maybe. don't call it the Chinese Virus. This will be my outlet amid Corona and hopefully it will all be over soon.

  So Taylor.... why are you making a blog?  Good question... I want everyone to know how terrible of a speller I am. JK (Just Kidding ;) Honestly, I want to contribute my little part to documenting this wild time in history. I am also very bored already. With waitressing at a halt, and teaching crazier than ever, I need an outlet! I feel I would typically just tell my therapist all this, but guess who has Coronavirus?  That's the last time she's going on holiday! Sadly, Bravo just isn't cutting it anymore either. My hour of T.V used to be so enjoyable before Corona, but now my ADHD/ADD isn't having it. Once we are full quarantined, which I hope doesn't happen, I will have something to do.

   What are you going to write about? Good thinking!! Honestly, whatever I feel like writing about that day I will post it. No filter. I want to keep it educational related. I want to discuss the challenges amid a PANDEMIC in the education realm! EEK I see this being a platform to discuss how modern technology is on full blast in education. Finally! I hope it to be informative, and even slightly a bit of comic relief during a not so humorous situation. Feel free to send me links of articles you want my opinion on. Lord knows I have no problem giving it.

     Don't be so clueless...I know some people are not going to want to read about Corona or hear about educational issues with all that is going on. Please do not read this blog if you are having a lot of anxiety about the virus and go read a relaxing blog about home-cooked meals.  However, this is a revolutionary time in education and I want a voice at the table.

  That's all I got for you folks today. Tomorrow I hope to write about how intense this has been for me personally, and what initial steps are being taken in by my team in education.


Comments